Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Papua
1 November 2012
The Central Body for the Fellowship of Baptist Churches are very concerned about Indonesian security forces towards God’s people in Papua. The cause for this concern came after General Kelly Kwalik killed in Timika on December 16, 2009 by Joint TIM – TNI, Indonesian Police, BRIMOB and Detachment 88, and Musa Mako Tabuni, Chairman of the West Papua National Committee (KNPB) were killed by Detachment 88 on June 14, 2012 at Waena, Jayapura, Papuans are confronted with strange and uncivilised events such as a bomb discoveries, bombings, and the arrest of Papuan civilians on suspicion of possessing ammunition throughout the entirety of Papua.
- The bombing of the parliament Jayawijaya building on 1 September 2012 at 02:15 WIT by OTK;
- the throwing of bombs at the Jayawijaya police station traffic on 18 September 2012 at 20:55 WIT;
- the discovery of a bomb in Timika, Friday, October 19, 2012,
- the discovery of three bombs in Manokwari on October 9, 2012.
- Explosion of three homemade bombs in Sorong on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 22.00.
As of October 30, 2012 there has been the discovery of 7.62 calibre ammunition in as many as 9 points, 5 TJ 5.6 bullets in as much as 121 points, 5.6 servant bullets in 20 points and the arrest of four youths known by the initials DIH (26), a resident of Organda, YP (28), a resident Sampan Timika, AK (24) a woman, a resident of Organda, and YJW (27) a Karubaga citizen. (Cenderwasih Pos News, Wednesday, October 31, 2012).
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 and the Papua Regional Police arrested a civilian with the initials OG (27) for the alleged possession of Jayapura PTC ammunition.
From the whole combination of “scenarios” and engineered changes that feature indigenous Papuans as owners of ammunition and bomber gives the VERY clear impression of a SYSTEMATIC STRATEGY being applied by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia through the power of the security apparatus with multiple objectives, agenda and targets, namely:
- A systematic effort to thwart the Papuan demands to work towards a peace dialogue;
- Systematic efforts to destroy and criminalize peaceful struggle for self-determination rights (the right to self-determination) of the people of Papua;
- A systematic effort to make the peaceful struggle for independence of Papuans become known as “terrorists”, so that the international community does not support the struggle of the people of Papua, and the Indonesian security forces instead become supported with funding from the Government of the United States and Australia, which has been instrumental in training and sponsorship of Detachment 88 to fight against “terrorists” in Indonesia.
All ammunition and bombs which have been found and detonated were not owned and operated by indigenous Papuans, but there are several false owners, suppliers and urgers of young Papuans to give truth to the “justification” that those involved in the struggle of the people of Papua are in fact criminals and “terrorists”.
- The entire Papuan society, migrants and indigenous Papuans, do not easily believe that the bombs which were detonated and found, and ammunition recovered from the hands of indigenous Papuans is not true. because the struggle to find justice and political rights for the people of Papua is found through peace, which has already been shown to be true, and not through violence, which would only be a backwards change.
- The security forces of the Republic of Indonesia must stop committing crimes against humanity by an engineered situation of bombs and ammunition discovery at the houses of indigenous Papuans.
- The Government of the Republic of Indonesia immediately open a space for an unconditional peace dialogue between the Government of Indonesia and the Papuans, mediated by a neutral third party, as a political solution to the Special Autonomy has FAILED to answer the complexity of the issue of Papua. Peaceful dialogue with the following conditions:
- Immediately release all political prisoners such as Filep Karma, Forkorus Yaboisembut and friends unconditionally.
- Immediate withdrawal of all non-organic troops, which are not balanced by the number of indigenous Papuans.
- The Government of the Republic of Indonesia immediately allow access for foreign journalists and humanitarian workers to visit Papua.
- The Government of the Republic of Indonesia immediately inviting and allow the United Nation Special Rapporteur to visit Papua.
The Central Body for the Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Papua,
Sofyan Yoman Socratez
- Indonesia cannot kill our spirit for freedom: West Papuan leader (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indonesian special forces hunt West Papuan environmentalist (westpapuamedia.info)
- Densus 88 sweeps force hundreds to flee from Baliem Valley villages (westpapuamedia.info)
- End the violence against Papuan journalists: Oktovianus Pogau (westpapuamedia.info)
- A Papuan who writes prolifically to promote the identity of his people (westpapuamedia.info)
- So, who is the real terrorist? West Papua Responses to Australia, U.S. and Indonesia (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indonesian security forces engineering conditions to justify eliminating Papuan free expression (climate-connections.org)
- All the ingredients for genocide: is West Papua the next East Timor? (westpapuamedia.info)