The governor was speaking at a public meeting in Manokwari.
The governor made this statement in order to contradict statements by political commentators in the local press in Jayapura, claiming that terrorists are operating in Papua.
The paper also reported that the deputy chief of police in Papua, Brigadier-General Paulus Waterpauw recently denied that members of Densus 88 were operating in Papua.
- So, who is the real terrorist? West Papua Responses to Australia, U.S. and Indonesia (westpapuamedia.info)
- Is Australia funding Indonesian Death Squads? Densus 88 in West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indigenous Papuans Arrested for the Celebrating the UN International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples. (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papuan people warned to beware of propaganda in run-up to UN General Assembly (westpapuamedia.info)
- Police torture students after brutal attack on Abepura university dormitory (westpapuamedia.info)
- WEST PAPUA: ABC report raises questions for region’s leaders (westpapuamedia.info)
- Paniai offensive intensifies as troops conduct house to house searches: reports (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two nonviolent activists arrested for pleading for international community to ‘Save Papua from Genocide and Grievances’. (westpapuamedia.info)
- SBY is trying to deceive the Papuan People (westpapuamedia.info)
- Third Degree Radio: West Papua Media’s model (westpapuamedia.info)