THOUSANDS WORKERS of PT.Freeport Indonesia, Privatization and Contractor Strike
Statement by Frans Bernhard Okoseray, PUK FSP KEPmuSPSI PT Freeport Indonesia
July 9, 2011
In preparation for the Joint Working Agreement negotiations on the Welfare PT.Freeport Indonesia thousands of workers, there were problems in the Organization of Trade Unions of the Regional Leadership FSP KEP SPSI and SPSI PT Freeport Indonesia’s Trade Union Committee, the Chairman and Board Member in charge of PUK SPSI PTFI solve the problem.
At the Chairman of the Board PUK SPSI PT Freeport Indonesia and resolve the internal problems of the organization, the Management Department of Industrial Relations PT.Freeport Indonesia issued a
Violation Call Work.
Team SPSI PTFI PUK, led by Chairman Sudiro, invitation and clarifies the issue.
In the absence of good faith on the part of Management PT.Freeport Indonesia, to conduct negotiations of the Joint Working Freeport, after the union SPSI PUK PTFI solve problems of organization and filed a Request for Collective Labor Agreement Negotiations, Department of Industrial Management PT.Freeport Indonesia convey Disciplinary Action Letters Termination of Employment and laid-Chairman and Board SPSI PUK PUK PTFI the Union FSP KEP SPSI deliver Notice of Strike Action Peace to the Leadership Company PT.Freeport Indonesia, from June 4 to 11 July 2011.
On July 30, 2011 The meeting was held in the building between the Union Bappeda Mimika PUK FSP KEP SPSI PT Freeport Indonesia, Chairman of the SPSI Branch, Regional and Central and Time States Interagency Committee established by the Chairman of the Workers Union Local FSP KEP SPSI (Nurhaidah), Head of Department of Labor Mimika regency, Assiten Mimika District III Secretary and Management PT.Freeport Indonesia.
In the meeting of the Central Executive FSP KEP SPSI Workers Union issued a decision letter from the post of Chairman of Dismissal Nurhaidah Regional Leadership FSP KEP SPSI.
The meeting resulted in 3 (three) things:
1. Troubleshooting Internal Organization
2. Troubleshooting layoffs given to the Chairman and Administrator SPSI
3. And Revocation of Letters Strike
Stage of completion:
1. Night On July 30, 2011 issue of Internal Organization has been completed with each of the Chairman of FSP KEP SPSI
2. On 1-2 July 2011 meetings were held with the Head of Department of Labor Mimika. In the meeting request of Trade Unions to Revoke Management PTFI the Termination Letter is given to the Chairman of PUK SPSI PT Freeport Indonesia and board members, and recognize the existence of Sudiro as Chairman of PUK SPSI elected democracy by Freeport Workers with board members to conduct the Joint Working Deliberations PT.Freeport Indonesia the period 2011-2013. If the request is accepted by Management, the Mail Strike in Disconnect. The willingness of the parties PTFI Management is to lose the status of Termination of Letter of Warning to a 3 (three), whereas the Union offer a Warning Letter 1 (one), in bidding between the two sides between the Unions and Management PT Freeport Indonesia, the Head of Department of Labor Work offers a Warning Letter 2 (two), the Offer will not be received by the Management PTFI, so that the two sides, namely the Trade Unions and Management PTFI SPSI PUK declared there was no agreement, resulting in strike action of workers in accordance with the Notice.
With distrust Workers Union of Management PT.Freeport Indonesia, so in today’s day meeting Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at the Administration Building of Kuala Kencana and Freeport as well as thousands of workers who struggle to walk from Tembagapura to Timika, the entire Workers’ demands and requested that the Supreme Leader Freeport McMoran James R. Moffett and Richard C. Adkerson soon came to Timika in Papua to meet and talk with the PUK SPSI PT Freeport Indonesia under the leadership SUDIRO Chairman.
On July 4, 2011 6:00 Thousands of workers had gathered at the Bus Terminal Bus Tembagapura waiting to escort workers to Timika. At 08:00 Hour Management PT.Freeport Indonesia will not provide bus transport, so that thousands of workers took the decision to walk away. In as far as 40 mile trip, many workers are thirsty, hungry, and tired. On the day evening Management PTFI send two buses to transport workers, but workers will be transported back to Tembagapura below, so that workers do not want to ride the bus and the workers told the other workers there apabilah workers no longer able to walk because of fatigue can increase the bus to return to Tembagapura.
Workers who thirst and hunger in the support by the Escort (PTFI Security Guard Unit) and Executive Board members Trade Unions and the PUK led by Union Chairman Sudiro (PUK SPSI PTFI).
Seeing the conditions that do not allow for workers who are tired, tired and sore feet that already then, at 18:00 Board of Trade Unions under the leadership of Chairman PUK SPSI Sudiro lobbied several parties to urgently provide transportation PTFI Management Bus.
At about 22:30 three (3) buses imported from Tembagapura to transport workers still on the trip and 15 buses imported from mile 28Timika to transport thousands of workers who had gathered at the check point Mile 50.
With tears and blood that comes out of the thousands of workers who walk as far as 80 km from Tembagapura to Timika, then we ask Mr.James R. Moffett and Mr.Richard C. Adkerson must come to Timika in Papua, to meet and talk with us. Any strike action PT.Freeport Indonesia thousands of workers have been extended to July 18, 2011.
- Thousands of Freeport Indonesia mine workers start 7-day strike (westpapuamedia.info)
- Freeport: Workers warn management of strike action next week (westpapuamedia.info)
- What Do We Know About How Much Freeport Produces? (westpapuamedia.info)
- Freeport looking for more minerals to extract from Papua (westpapuamedia.info)