More Brutal Footage emerges from Congress crackdown
Fresh footage has emerged from last month’s brutal crackdown by Indonesian security forces on the Third Papuan People’s Congress in Abepura on October 19.
SBS Television broadcast the following footage which was also sent to West Papua Media. The footage shows plain clothes and uniformed security personnel shooting hundreds of rounds into the crowd, beating and brutalising scores of participants, and violently attacking the elected President of the West Papuan Transitional Government, Forkorus Yaboisembut.
West Papua Media has also been provided with the remainder of the Congress footage through a source inside West Papua (via Tapol/ Down to Earth). We have decided to make this available for the use of all media. Please spread widely. Please be aware this contains images of extreme Indonesian state violence against unarmed civilians.
MEDIA NOTE: For access to this original footage, please visit the contact page on this site and send an email or contact the number.
- Student found dead in Keerom (westpapuamedia.info)
- Breaking News:First Demos since Papuan crackdown to demand Indon take abuse responsibility (westpapuamedia.info)
- Violent Tactics Backfire In Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- ABC LATELINE: West Papuans attacked by Indonesian army (westpapuamedia.info)
- VIDEO: Indonesian forces raid Papuan independence rally – 6 die, 17 missing (pekeimbiijeffry.wordpress.com)