Reprinted in full:
FEDERATED REPUBLIC OF WEST PAPUA
ABEPURA PRISON, JAYAPURA, WEST PAPUA
Prime Minister Peter O’Neill
PO Box 472
Port Moresby, NCD 121
Papua New Guinea
5 October 2012
Dear Prime Minister,
Excellency, I am writing from Abepura Prison in Jayapura on the other side of the border, to wish you well during your term as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea.
Excellency, security for all my people has been so much worse since our congress in October 2011, and safety levels are now so low that I feel obliged to ask you, if not beg you, to initiate a United Nations’ fact-finding mission as soon as possible.
Excellency, during the 3rd Papuan Congress in October 2011, five thousand registered participants mandated the Federated Republic of West Papua to deliver independence, and as part of our liberation win back the western border of Melanesia.
Forkorus Yaboisembut, SPd
President, Federated Republic of West Papua
- Indonesian special forces hunt West Papuan environmentalist (westpapuamedia.info)
- Demos commemorating FRWP 1st anniversary held across Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Forkorus calls for two flags to be flown side by side (westpapuamedia.info)
- WEST PAPUA: ABC report raises questions for region’s leaders (westpapuamedia.info)
- Waiting: a poem of dedication to the people of West Papua (asopa.typepad.com)
- So, who is the real terrorist? West Papua Responses to Australia, U.S. and Indonesia (westpapuamedia.info)
- PNG Prime Minister to take strong stand over West Papua ‘abuses’ with Indonesia (pacific.scoop.co.nz)
- Reports of violent crackdown in West Papua on People’s Congress anniversary (pacific.scoop.co.nz)
- Police torture students after brutal attack on Abepura university dormitory (westpapuamedia.info)
- Breaking News: Police in Jayapura forcibly prevent commemoration of 3rd Papuan Congress brutality from going ahead, ban free speech (westpapuamedia.info)