On the occasion of the first anniversary of the declaration of the Federal Republic of West Papua, the President, Forkorus Yaboisembut has sent a letter to the President of the Republic of Indonesia calling on him to take a step of guidance towards the restoration of the Federation in accordance with the determination declared at the IIIrd Papuan People’s Congress.
‘We will peacefully report this and also seek support as we celebrate the first anniversary of Papuan independence with the Federal Republic of West Papua, which will take place on 19 October this year’ said the President. which was the first point in his letter to the President of the Republic of Indonesia, copies of which were handed out to journalists during a press conference.
The second point he made was to compile material for negotiation which would include an act of recognition of the Federal Republic of West Papua. ‘We willconvey the conditions for dialogue between the Papuan people and the Republic of Indonesia, for recognition and the transfer of administrative powers from the Republic of Indonesia to the Federal Republic of West Papua.’
He said that the Indonesian government should convey its willingness to hold peaceful negotiations by unfurling the Morning Star flag alongside the red-and-white flag of Indonesia. ‘The two flags should be flown alongside each other as from 19 October 2012 at seven places,’ he said.
In addition to making these points, Forkorus invited a representative of the Indonesian government to attend the celebration of the first anniversary of the declaration of the Federal Republic of West Papua on 19 October.
He also proposed that pre-negotiations and negotiations should occur from August 2012 (sic) until 1 May 2013, bringing to an end the annexation of West Papua.’
[Translated by TAPOL]
Video Documentary about the Third Papuan Congress (West Papua Media)
- First anniversary of Third Papuan Congress to be celebrated (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papuan people warned to beware of propaganda in run-up to UN General Assembly (westpapuamedia.info)
- Densus 88 sweeps force hundreds to flee from Baliem Valley villages (westpapuamedia.info)
- Wamena Bomb Scenario is false: Open letter from Wamena KNPB chief (westpapuamedia.info)
- SBY is trying to deceive the Papuan People (westpapuamedia.info)
- So, who is the real terrorist? West Papua Responses to Australia, U.S. and Indonesia (westpapuamedia.info)
- All the ingredients for genocide: is West Papua the next East Timor? (westpapuamedia.info)
- WEST PAPUA: ABC report raises questions for region’s leaders (westpapuamedia.info)
- TAPOL Urgent Action: Fears for Papuan activists (westpapuamedia.info)