West Papua Media
December 1, 2012
(Jayapura) Indonesian security forces have arrested several people in West Papua today as demonstrations were held to commemorate the 51st anniversary of the original declaration of West Papua’s independence.
Victor Yeimo, the Chairman of the West Papua National Committee, has been confirmed as being arrested by police, according to independent witnesses and direct communication with his brother. It is currently unknown if Yeimo was arrested by the Australian funded and trained Detachment 88 counter-terror unit, who had committed to hunt Yeimo.
Several other people have been confirmed arrested jointly by Indonesian military (TNI) and police outside the headquarters of TNI battalion 752 at Expo Waena. The two confirmed detainees are Usman Yogobi and Alius Asso, according to West Papua Media stringers at the scene. More names will be provided as soon as confirmed.
Major rallies were also held in Melbourne (Australia), and were planned to be held in Sorong, Nabire, Fak Fak, Manokwari, Wamena,, Timika and Serui. Information from these rallies have not yet been forthcoming.
More to come – please stay tuned.
- Indonesia cannot kill our spirit for freedom: West Papuan leader (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indonesian special forces hunt West Papuan environmentalist (westpapuamedia.info)
- 7.30 Report (ABC): West Papua arrests highlight Australian Detachment 88 links (westpapuamedia.info)
- Crackdown Across Papua: October 23 Knpb Demo Updates (westpapuamedia.info)
- “Mystery” killing of KNPB leader in Fak Fak, Indonesian security forces blamed (westpapuamedia.info)
- KNPB activist, Klismon Woi dies from his injuries after mysterious shooting (westpapuamedia.info)
- Densus 88 sweeps force hundreds to flee from Baliem Valley villages (westpapuamedia.info)
- KNPPB A Rival Organization Created By Indonesia To Compete With KNPB (westpapuamedia.info)
- TPN denies involvement in “unknown persons” terror plot in Wamena (westpapuamedia.info)
- Breaking News: Security Forces Attack Knpb Demo in Jayapura (westpapuamedia.info)