Indonesia has been urged to pay close attention to the health and well-being of Forkorus and his colleagues who are now being held in Abepura Prison and to make sure that their conditions are being regularly monitored.
Yan Christian Warinussy, the executive-director of LP3BH, the legal aid NGO in Manokwari said that this monitoring should be done on a daily basis, bearing in mind that people in many countries are very concerned about how they are faring in prison. ‘What I mean is that people in several countries that are friendly with Indonesia are watching and monitoring the situation closely.This also includes international human rights NGOs as well as UN agencies. This relates to the legal guarantees required by the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Indonesia’s Human Rights Law 39/1999.’
He said that special attention is being shown in the USA, the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, the European Union, France and New Zealand.
He also said that he had received inquiries as well as strong statements from all these countries.. They all say that they are paying close attention to the need to safeguard the security and peace of mind of Forkorus and his colleagues; this includes such agencies as Tapol and Amnesty International,
- Children pray for release of Forkorus and his co-defendants (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two Papuan tapols with paralysis are waiting for permission to get treatment (westpapuamedia.info)
- Forkorus’ eye problems not properly dealt with (westpapuamedia.info)
- When there is no guarantee of security of life for the people of Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Amnesty Calls for Release of Forkorus and colleagues (westpapuamedia.info)