JUBI journalist said that the children were very enthusiastic about the event and had made posters about the many social and political issues in Papua.that have overwhelmed the Papuan people.
Adolof Tenouye, who led the prayers said that they were all very concerned about the numerous problems in Papua, such as human rights violations, as well as economic and cultural problems.They said prayers for the restoration of their country in the hope that it could emerge from its present problems
One of the banners which they unfurled said: ‘We love my father, the President of West Papua.’ As is known, Forkorus Yaboisembut is the president of the Federal Republic of West Papua which was proclaimed on 19 October 2011, at the end of the Papuan People’s Congress. Forkorus and his co-defendants were found guilty of treason and were convicted to three years each.
The other four men are: Edison Waromi, Selpius Bobii, Dominikus Sorabat and Agust Makbrawen who are all in custody in Abepura Prison.
- Forkorus’ eye problems not properly dealt with (westpapuamedia.info)
- Beata Yaboisembut Akim: The woman who accompanies the ‘President’ (westpapuamedia.info)
- Amnesty Calls for Release of Forkorus and colleagues (westpapuamedia.info)
- Forkorus: international community must acknowledge the political rights of the people of West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two Papuan tapols with paralysis are waiting for permission to get treatment (westpapuamedia.info)