JUBI, 19 June 2011
AMPTPI. the Association of Students from the Central Highlands, has
urged the DPRP to summon the police chief in Papua to ask him about how
the investigation into shooting in Moanemani , the district of
Dogiyai is proceeding.
‘The chief of police should inform the public about whether any progress
has been made in this case, said Andreas Gobay, chairman of the
association in Eastern Indonesia.
The association has the impression that the case which involved
shootings and the destruction of resources belonging to the people has
stagnated. It even seems to be the case that nothing is being done to
secure justice in this case.
‘What we want to know is how the case is being processed and the
possibility of compensation for the victims.. We may be wrong but what
we have seen so far is that those who were responsible for the shooting
are enjoying the protection of the forces of law and order,’ said Andy.
He pointed out that the Moanemani tragedy occurred three months ago but
nothing is as yet known about any legal processes. This is in spite of
the fact that it is generally understood that the police force in
Moanemani were involved. ‘This means that the DPRP should summoned the
chief of police in Papua about the case.’
There were at least four casualties in the case. Apart from Dominikus
Auwa, 24, and Aloysius Waine 24, who died, three other sustained serious
injuries, Otniel Yobee, 26, Agus Pigai, 24 and Wilibrodus Iyai. At the
same time, the local community also suffered losses, the destruction of
six homes with all the furniture, the loss of three pigs, two motorbikes
and 6 genzet (?) units.
Andreas also said that this case of human rights violations of civilians
in Dogiyai was the work of the security forces. The association along
with members of the families of the victims have also held discussions
about the case with the leaders of the DPRP.
- Front Pepera PB: “Stop the Joint Indonesian Military/Police Operation against civilians in Dogiyai Regency” (westpapuamedia.info)
- The Indonesian State is responsible for the shooting of three civilians in Dogiyai (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two people shot dead in Dogiyai but no action has been taken to solve the case (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papuan students in Jakarta call for end to murders of Papuan people (westpapuamedia.info)
- Front Pepera: “Military and Police called upon to immediately restore sense of security to the people of Kamuu Valley” (westpapuamedia.info)