Edited for Linguistic Clarity by westpapuamedia
KOMITE NASIONAL PAPUA BARAT
The West Papua National Committee [KNPB]
email@example.com | +6282198150589
Today, May 1, 2011, We the people of West Papua mediated by the West Papua National Committee [KNPB] give our statement that:
2. The process of incorporating our territory of West Papua under the rule of the Republic of Indonesia (NKRI); starting from 1963 until 1969
with the cooperation of Indonesia, the United States, the Netherlands and the United Nations was engineered, constructed and
managed by violations of the Standards and Principles of International Law.
Because we, as the owners of West Papua, were
never involved in the meetings and international agreements which discussed the political status of our region of West Papua.
3. Unilateral agreements made under the “New York Agreement” were not fully implemented by the UN, Indonesia and the Netherlands during the Act of Free Choice in 1969; in which we the people of West Papua were never granted the political right to vote (based on the principle of “one man one vote”) in the implementation carried out by the 1025 Act of Free Choice representatives appointed by Indonesia
to represent us and choose. It is a violation of our political rights.
4. Indonesia through its military operations have killed most of the indigenous population of West Papua Oince the DOM (Area of
Military operations) was applied in West Papua from 1963.
5. Indonesia has pursed, intimidated, terrorized, gaoled and killed the people of West Papua who fight for their rights and sovereignty of the West Papua nation.
6. Autonomy is not a solution to solve the West Papua problem, because t we, as the indigenous people of West Papua in West
Papua, had never approved the application of special autonomy, UP4B Program and all policies by Indonesia in West Papua.
7. Whoever supports the Special Autonomy and all Indonesian policies in West Papua, they are (considered) part of the colonists who compromise with Indonesia to abolish the political rights of our indigenous people of Papua; because our main problem is that the right of self determination which was trampled and eliminated through the implementation of the Act of Free Choice in 1969.
8. We do not acknowledge the existence of the Republic of Indonesia government and all state institutions of Indonesia, in the land of
Therefore, based on our statement above, we the indigenous people of West Papua demand that Indonesia:
1. Stop all the political maneuvering that is being implemented through the Special Autonomy, Redistricting, UP4B program,
Elections, Formation of MRP, and all its programs on our homeland of West Papua.
2. Indonesia and West Papua as subject to international law to immediately restore the political status of West Papua to the table of
international law, to prove itsef honest and thoughtful about the validity of Indonesia’s presence in our region of West Papua, for the sake of humanity and justice for the people of West Papua.
3. Immediately demonstrate the political will to hold a democratic referendum in West Papua under UN supervision in order to achieve the final solution of the political conflict in West Papua.
4. Stop the militaristic approach to solving problems in West Papua, because that is a archaic way in this era of open democracy.
Along with this, for the sake of solving the problems of West Papua through the process of Law and Politics, then we the people of West
Papua formally hand over a full mandate to:
1. Ms. Melinda Janki as chairman of the International Lawyers for West Papua (ILWP), Ms.. Charles Forster and all members ILWP to encourage the completion of the West Papua problem through the application of international law.
2. Mr. Andrew Smith, MP, as Chairman of the International Parliamentarians for West Papua (IPWP), Ms.. Caroline Lucas MP and all members IPWP to push the political process at the international level with the Free Papua solidarity supporters.
3. To the Government of the Republic of Vanuatu as Official Member of the UN to bring Legal Status of West Papua to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) or International Tribunal.
For the sake of the unity of the struggle of West Papuans, then we also appeal to all the components and struggle organizations of the West
1. To stop the internal dispute between the Papuan people and organizations of struggle, and (to end) all unilateral decisions and that does not represent the values and decisions of the representatives of West Papua and its struggle.
2. Immediately unite in national consolidation to encourage the formation of the National Council of West Papua as an Agency Representative of
National Struggle in West Papua.
This statement has been made based on pure will of the people of West Papua.
Salam Satu Hati Satu Jiwa: One People One Soul
Kita Harus Mengakhiri
Port Numbay, Mei 1, 2011
1. The Republic of Indonesian President in Jakarta
2. Serge Vohor, PrimeMinister of the Republic of Vanuatu
3. Ms. Melinda Janki, chair of International Lawyers for West Papua (ILWP) in London, UK
4. Mr. Andrew Smith MP, Chair of International Parliamentarians for West Papua (ILWP) in London, UK
5. Mr. David Cameron, Prime Minister of United Kingdom in London, UK
6. Mr. Barack Hussein Obama, Presiden of United States of America in Washington
7. All the struggle organizations.
Joint Petition signed in the name of West Papua by
Chairman of KNPB
- Photo News: Thousands of people of West Papua Rally to Demand Referendum (westpapuamedia.info)
- DAP – Straighten history of annexation of West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indo Police Arrest 6 KNPB Activists in Wamena, West Papua; major tension on streets (westpapuamedia.info)
- KNPB: Action Appeals to DEMAND REFERENDUM IN WEST PAPUA (westpapuamedia.info)
- Manokwari pro-Referendum rallies May 2: Photo Report (westpapuamedia.info)