From Alfred Auparai (Executive Secretary) & Markus Yenu (Exec Governor), West Papua National Authority, Area II Domberai
The masses came together from different directions and assembled at the rally point following the call for peaceful protest. The crowd that consisted of students and common people started to move towards the Banyan Tree at UNIPA Manokwari together with the protest Coordinator (Alex Nekemen) and speakers, amongst them Silas Ayemi (secretary area Bintuni WPNA), Abraham Waynarisy (SH Chairman Solidaritas Pemuda Melanesia Papua Barat SPMPB) and KNPB. Political orations were held accompanied by slogans of Papua Merdeka along the way.
The crowd started at 10:30 with the long march around the city of Manokwari towards an open field, on the route the executive governor of the West Papua National Authority area 2 Domberei, Tuan Markus Yenu, gave political speeches. In front of the office of the State Attourney of the Republic of Indonesia Markus Yenu openly inquired about the detainees of the december 14th incident Melkianus Bleskadit, Rev. Dance Yenu together with 5 students from UNIPA Manokwari who are kept in detention already 4 months and their case is moved from table to table within the Indonesian police.
Manokwari, may 2nd 2011
- DAP – Straighten history of annexation of West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Photo News: Thousands of people of West Papua Rally to Demand Referendum (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two Papuan prisoners allowed ten days respite (westpapuamedia.info)
- Flag raisers to go on trial in Manokwari (westpapuamedia.info)
- Charges against two Papuan defendants at variance with other court documents; also, statement by Warinussy (westpapuamedia.info)