JUBI, 13 April 2011
The coalition of Papuan People United for Justice, KRPBK has declared that it refuses to recognise the new MRP.
Spokesman of the coalition Selpius Bobii, said that inauguration of the new MRP was a sign of lack of respect for the chairman of the former MRP who has just passed away.
‘This inauguration is an insult to and abuse of the struggle of the
indigenous Papuan people which was waged by the first MRP.’ he said.
The coalition issued a press release one day ago calling on all 73
members of the new MRP to resign from the body.
The inauguration of the new MRP took place on 12 April and was sworn in by the Minister of the Interior, Gamawan Fauzi and was attended by the governor of Papua Bas Suebu, the governor of West Papua, Octovianus Atururi and the heads of various districts in West Papua
- MRP (Papuan People’s Assembly) Version 2 is the Enemy of Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Coalition to discuss failed special autonomy with Indonesian parliament (westpapuamedia.info)
- West Papuans in KRPBK determined to reject OTSUS (westpapuamedia.info)
- Agus Alue Alua: A life of dedication to the Papuan People (westpapuamedia.info)
- Bintang Papua on death and funeral of Agus Alua (westpapuamedia.info)