From the Australian Greens office of Senator Richard Di Natale
Question and motion that Senator Richard Di Natale, Greens spokesperson for West Papua, put to the Australian Senate this week, on Tuesday 1 November.
Senator Richard Di Natale put a question to the Minister representing the Minister for Home Affairs, Joe Ludwig, regarding the Australian government’s support for the Indonesian military, in light of recent events in West Papua. Senator Di Natale also moved a Motion in the Senate to condemn the violent crackdown at the recent Papuan People’s Congress, to recognise the rights of West Papuans to freely assemble, and to call for the humane treatment and timely release of those arrested.
Richard is working to raise awareness of the situation in West Papua, and to seek the Australian government’s action to suspend their ties with the Indonesian military.
You can watch and share a video of Senator Di Natale’s Senate question and motion here: http://youtu.be/OEvswm5J9oE[youtube http://youtu.be/OEvswm5J9oE]
You can also follow Richard’s work as Greens spokesperson for West Papua here: http://richard-di-natale.greensmps.org.au/portfolios/west-papua
- Violent Tactics Backfire In Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- ABC LATELINE: West Papuans attacked by Indonesian army (westpapuamedia.info)
- AWPA: Increasing tension in West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Breaking News:First Demos since Papuan crackdown to demand Indon take abuse responsibility (westpapuamedia.info)
- NZ Media ‘blindfolded’ over West Papua crisis, say critics (westpapuamedia.info)