by Numbay Media — via our partners EngageMedia.org
This is raw footage of Wednesday’s attack by the Indonesian military and police on the Third Papuan People’s Congress in Jayapura. The footage shows people dancing, soldiers closing in, and gun shots. The video was shot by several observers. The last sequence was shot while the camera person was hiding from gunfire. Police have now confirmed that five people were killed in the attack – human rights groups say it was more.
- Updates: More Stories Unravelled As Indonesian Police and Military Attacked the Third Papuan People’s Congress (westpapuamedia.info)
- AHCR: INDONESIA: Security forces open fire at Third Papuan People’s Congress (westpapuamedia.info)
- AHRC: One person killed, hundreds arrested and five persons charged with rebellion at Third Papuan People’s Congress (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indonesian crackdown on Papuan Congress sparks outrage (westpapuamedia.info)
- Urgent: Police and Military Prepare to Storm Papuan Congress (westpapuamedia.info)