Bintang Papua, 17 October 2011Although Selpius Bobii, chairman of the Third Papuan People’s Congress recently announced that President Susilo Bambanf Yudhoyono had decided that the minister-coordinator for political affairs and law would be representing the Indonesian government at the congress and would be the opening speaker and that the government would provide financial assistance to the congress, it has now been announced that minister-coordinator Djoko Suyanto will not after all be attending the congress.
- Third Papuan Congress to go ahead despite efforts to obstruct it (westpapuamedia.info)
- Thousands expected to attend Third Papuan People’s Congress (westpapuamedia.info)
- Third Papuan Congress opens in a field (westpapuamedia.info)
- Third Grand Papua Congress to be held this year (westpapuamedia.info)
- A security force of 4,000 to guard Third Papuan People’s Congress (westpapuamedia.info)