(West Papua Media Note: despite reams of evidence available to the contrary that indicated clearly that the Nafri attacks were the work of “unknown persons”, Indonesian police are still refusing to investigate the connections with Indonesian military operations. The only credible way these trials can proceed is with the presence of international legal observers. )
See the following Related articles:
- Special Investigation: State terror campaign around Jayapura (westpapuamedia.info)
- KNPB on the recent acts of violence in Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- KontraS: Arrest and torture of 13 Papuans have worsened the situation in Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Warinussy on the politics behind the recent conflicts in Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- The TNI Should Withdraw From Papua to Prevent Another Lacluta (westpapuamedia.info)
- Komnas HAM is gathering data about the 15 arrests in Skyline (westpapuamedia.info)
Bintang Papua, 19 September 2011
Jayapura: Two Papuans who are allegedly mmbers of TPN/OPM and who are
facing charges in connection with the burning of a taxi and shootings
that occurred in Kampung Nafri as well as at Skyland and were arrested
on 31 August, are now at the stage of processing by the police force in
Jayapura. In order to obtain more documentation about the case, the
police have questioned two further witnesses. The results of these
investigations cannot yet been reveal.
The public relations officer of the police said that other witnesses
were likely to be summoned which may hopefully speed up the handling of
the case. These witnesses were being summoned as they may have seen
people who fled when a group of armed criminals opened fire on local people.
He said that one of the accused has been identified as PK who is alleged
to have been involved in the killing of the driver of the taxi that was
burnt and the other accused, EK was only allegedly involved in the
burning and killing of the taxi driver in Skyland.
‘It is hoped that the questioning of the witnesses will lead to the
identification of other suspects.,’ the official said.
The police say that they intend to continue their investigations and
hunt down other possible perpetrators in the case of the shootings in
- West Papua – Indon Security Forces Fail in Attempt to Block Access for Demonstrations Across Papua, Militias on Streets in Jayapura (westpapuamedia.info)
- ALDB: On 17 August, Freedom for Papua? (westpapuamedia.info)