by Cyntia Warwe
West Papuan political prisoner Filep Karma rejected the prison sentence remission offered by the Indonesian Government in correlation with the August 17 Independence Day. Karma said he preferred to serve out his normal sentence and demanded the Indonesian Government to apologise to the Papuan people for all the atrocities it has caused. Karama was arrested during a Morning Star flag rising on December 1, 2004. He is currently serving a 15 year sentence in Abepura Prison, Jayapura.
- Buchtar Tabuni released from prison (westpapuamedia.info)
- Filep Karma | Amnesty International USA (aboriginalpress.blogspot.com)
- West Papua Report June 2011 (westpapuamedia.info)
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL: Indonesia must end criminalization of peaceful political protests in Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Sorry: Indon Army Backs Down Over Threats (westpapuamedia.info)