The instruction was issued by Forkorus Yaboisembut, president of the Republic, and Edison Waromi, its prime minister.
The instruction was conveyed in a press conference held by the spokesman of the transitional government, Jack Wanggai and a member of his staff, Heppi Daimboa, on Thursday.
He also said that there are groups called the TPN which have been set up by the Indonesian army and police, who will try to provoke the Papuan people.
He also said that the name of the flag which until now has been publicised as Bintang Kejora is now called Bintang Fajar. This is in accordance with a decision taken at th Papuan People’s Congress held from 24 May till 4 June, 2000 when it was decided to change the name of the flag from Bintang Kejora to Bintang Fajar. This decision was re-affirmed by a decision taken at the third Papuan People’s Congress held from 17 – 19 October 2011, which also adopted decisions regarding the currency, and the seven tribal regions which are now called the seven federated states.
The President and the Prime Minister also called on all Papuans to take part in thanksgiving prayers in locations that will be identified and should consist of peaceful actions, long marches and other activities. ‘Anything that happens outside these instructions are not the responsibility of the President and the Prime Minister,’ he said.
- Thousands of West Papuans demand Referendum in Jayapura 14 Nov 2011 (westpapuamedia.info)
- Neles Tebay welcomes the readiness of the government to enter into dialogue with Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Movement Against Freeport is set up by Papuan Students (westpapuamedia.info)
- AWPA: CHOGM leaders should condemn the brutal crackdown on the West Papuan people (westpapuamedia.info)
- Csw Urges Indonesia to Establish Dialogue With Papuan People Following Brutal Crackdown by Military in West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)