Goliath Tabuni’s statement was made in a press release which stated: “In connection with the announcement by the chief of police, the TPN/OPM herewith declares to the Indonesian government and to the general public as well as to the international community that the aim of the struggle of the TPN/OPM is clear and justified. That is to say, it is waging a struggle for the independence of the Papuan people and to have the right to determine their own future.”
It also stated that Goliath Tabuni, as the commander-in-chief of the TPN/OPM, will issue an operational order for the chief of police Inspector-General Tito Karnavian to be shot dead if he comes to the Central Highlands for operational purposes whenever this may occur. “We are ready to shoot down the plane in which the chief of police may be travelling because we are able to classify all flights into the interior.”
“We warn the chief of police that, before issuing a ‘wanted’ order, he should take effective measures to find a solution to the political conflict in West Papua,” the statement said
“We herewith warn (Indonesian President) SBY and the Indonesian Government to take effective action to resolve the conflict about the status of West Papua, bearing in mind its status as part of the Republic of Indonesia is illegal according to all the facts that can be investigated.”
‘There must be tripartite talks between the United Nations, the Indonesian Government and representatives of the Papuan people who shall be determined by the TPN/OPM,” he said.
He finally declared that the TPN/OPM will continue with its struggle and can never be intimidated by acts of terror and intimidation by the Indonesian security forces which are carried out by the chief of police and the commander of the Cenderawasih/ VII Military Command.
[Translated by TAPOL]
- Remove Police DPO, Chief High-OPM TPNPB Ready Fight (thevoiceofwestpapua.wordpress.com)
- Three Papuan Civilians Allegedly Seriously Tortured by Wamena District Police (westpapuamedia.info)
- Thousands flee in fear of heavy civilian casualties as TNI begin Highlands reprisal offensive (westpapuamedia.info)
- STATE VIOLENCE WHICH PARALYSES COMMUNITIES IS INTENSIFYING IN THE LAND OF PAPUA: Press Release by KINGMI Church and Papuan Alliance of Baptist Churches (westpapuamedia.info)
- In Addressing Peace Action Military Operations in Papua 2013 (voiceoflovetruthandjustice.wordpress.com)
- TPN in Yapen arrest local Indon police chief for abuses on civilians (westpapuamedia.info)
- Killing Papuan Fighter will not solve the problem, says Indonesian MP (westpapuamedia.info)