From Victor Mambor at Tabloid Jubi
December 1, 2014
Jayapura, 1/1 (Jubi) – Head of Papua Police, Inspector General of Police Tito Karnavian said, during the year 2013, there were eleven prominent cases related to Security and Public Order.
“There were eleven prominent cases during the Year 2013. Such as attacks carried by unidentified peoples, fifteen cases, and assault in the area of PT Freeport Indonesia, eleven cases,“ said Tito Karnavian to reporters on Tuesday (31/12) night.
The eleven prominent cases are :
1. Tribal warfare, 3 cases;
2. Shooting in the area of PT. Freeport Indonesia, 11 cases;
3. Mass attacks against members of the police, 6 cases;
4. Attacks by Armed Civilian/The National Liberation Army of Free West Papua Movement, 15 cases;
5. Deprivation against foreigners, 1 case;
6. Plane crash, 0 cases;
7. Protests against Special Autonomy Law, 3 cases;
8. Possession of illegal weapons , 4 cases;
9. Shootings by police, 3 cases;
10. Anarchist demo, 3 cases;
11. Raising of the Morning Star, 5 cases.
In addition, Papua Police had eleven operation carried out in the year 2013.
Eleven of these operations include Operation Mantap Praja II, Operasi Mantap Praja III, Operasi Sahabar Matoa, Operasi Simpatik Matoa, Operasi Dian, Operasi Patuh Matoa, Operasi Zebra Matoa, Operasi Lilin Matoa dan Operasi Aman Matoa III.
“To eradicate corruption, from ten activities with 122 existing cases in police report, the State suffered a loss of Rp. 58,166,994,730, – but money returned to the state was Rp. 15,066,951,566, – , ” said Tito Karnavian.
Papua Police have predict public order and security situation (Sitkamtibmas) for 2014 will still be dominated by mass demonstrations relating to the Legislative and Presidential Elections. (Jubi/Aprila Wayar/Victor Mambor)
- Shootings, killings, beatings, arrests as Hundreds flee to jungle after Indon Police open fire on peaceful KNPB demo (westpapuamedia.info)
- Bringing an End to the Conflict in Papua Through Jakarta-papua Dialogue (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papua: Hundreds flee as Indon Police open fire on KNPB demo (pacific.scoop.co.nz)
- TPN OPM denies surrender of 100 members in Puncak Jaya (westpapuamedia.info)
- West papua: Indonesian Police open fire on peaceful KNPB demo, hundreds flee to jungle (indybay.org)
- Human Rights Day in West Papua Blockaded (pacific.scoop.co.nz)
- Bobii: Indonesian Armed Forces, the main Anti-Peace Agents in Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Bobii: Manufactured Scenario resulting in Death of a Papuan Warrior (westpapuamedia.info)
- Biak of Papua Customary Council: the World Must Not Allow the Papuans Were Slaughtered (thevoiceofwestpapua.wordpress.com)
- Bobii: INDONESIA CAUSES DELAY IN MSG FORUM DECISION ON WEST PAPUAN MEMBERSHIP (westpapuamedia.info)