December 23, 2013
(apologies for the delay in publication due to skeleton volunteer translators over Christmas)
JAYAPURA – The Puncak Jaya armed wing of the Free Papua Organization ( OPM ) through the Secretary General Anton Tabuni, has denied the claims of Puncak Jaya regent Henock Ibo that 100 OPM members Papua led by Goliath Tabuni have come down from the mountain to join the community.
Through mobile phone contact to Bintang Papua on Sunday 22/12, Anton Tabuni stressed that what is presented by Henock Ibo is false. “That’s not true and nonsense , what hundred people ? These statements are irresponsible, we are all at our headquarters, ” Anton said .
” What was delivered was a political sham that does not make sense , and not rational at all, we under the command of Gen. Goliath Tabuni are fighters, we are not like the officials who tried to come under favour of the president and claim that Goliath and Anton Tabuni have given up. It’s nonsense, ” Anton said .
Anton also questioned the total of 100 people who was mentioned. “How could the number be exactly be 100 people? What’s this? We have fought for more than 50 years and had a lot of sacrifice, so there ‘s no turning back. This is just propaganda, there is no reason for us to give up, not that, ” he said .
Previously , the Puncak Jaya regent also claimed that the 100 people who surrendered would be trained to become members of Civil Service Police Unit or municipal police in Mulia, Pincak Jaya. (bom/don/l03 )
- OPM Fighters ‘Tired of Living in the Jungle,’ Ready to Settle in Villages, Papua District Head Claims (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Papua Prepares Rp 380b for Reformed Separatists (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Separatist Killed in Lead-Up to OPM Anniversary (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Key OPM Figure Danny Kogoya dies from injuries from Densus 88 shooting (westpapuamedia.info)
- Shootings, killings, beatings, arrests as Hundreds flee to jungle after Indon Police open fire on peaceful KNPB demo (westpapuamedia.info)
- Bobii: Manufactured Scenario resulting in Death of a Papuan Warrior (westpapuamedia.info)
- Accusations Indonesia’s PNG consulate interfered with the autopsy of West Papuan rebel leader (abc.net.au)
- West papua: Indonesian Police open fire on peaceful KNPB demo, hundreds flee to jungle (indybay.org)
- Papua: Hundreds flee as Indon Police open fire on KNPB demo (pacific.scoop.co.nz)