From WestPapuaMedia sources, translated and edited for clarity by WPM
December 23, 2020
VIDEO STATEMENT OF ATTITUDE OF COMMUNITY AND FAMILY OF VICTIMS IN ILAGA, PUNCAK DISTRICT
(Subtitling unavailable currently)
An impassioned video statement was made yesterday of the family attitude of the victims of Atonius Murib, Arkis Alom, Les Mosip, Wenis Wenda, killed by the Indonesian military in Puncak Ilaga district.
The statement is conveyed in a video to the Government of Indonesia, and submitted to the Puncak/Ilaga Regency Government, the Regional Representative Council of the Puncak Regions, and the Indonesian National Army / Police in Puncak.
The statement in question was conveyed openly, after hundreds of Puncak Regency people and victims’ families read and conveyed a written and open attitude and circulated in the form of videos, then posted on WhatsApp group “The Spirit Of Papua” (SOP), on December 22, 2020.
In the oration, the representatives of the Puncak community were entrusted to convey a message to the Regional Representative Council, the central Government and the leaders of the Indonesian National Army / POLRI, calling for local peoples’ aspirations to be respected.
The field coordinator said that for the sake of officials or certain interests to not obstruct these recommendations, and again asked the people present with the question “agree”, they spontaneously stated “that we agreed”. Then the demands were read out in front of the Puncak regional government. The field coordinator asked the journalists who were also present to take pictures and record them.
“In the name of the shooting victims, Atonius Murib, Arkis Alom, Les Mosip, Wenis Wenda, in the wilderness of Libaga on Friday, November 20, 2020, we hereby, as a large family of victims, declare our distress towards the shooting of victims committed by the State apparatus towards civil society.”
- We, the victims’ families, ask the president of Rebuplik Indonesia, Ir. Joko Widodo, Menkopolhukam (Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs) General Prabobo Subianto, to immediately withdraw all non-organic Indonesian National Army / POLRI members who have occupied all corners of Papua
- We, the victim’s family, along with all levels of society, ask the Regent and Deputy Regent of the Puncak Regency Regional Representative Council to limit the acceptance of members of the Indonesian National Army and Polri who are not on permanent duty in the Puncak Regency area.
- We, the victim’s family, order the Indonesian Commission for Human Rights Republic, to immediately and thoroughly investigate the perpetrators of the shooting of 5 victims, 4 of whom died and 1 was seriously injured.
- We, the victim’s family, asked not to suffer a new barracks for the Indonesian National Army and additional Polri in the Gome area, Kodim 1714, Puncak Regency, which are currently being built.
- We, the victims’ families, order the Indonesian government of Republic, to immediately open access for foreign journalists to enter the Land of Papua to directly cover all violations of human rights in the Papuan homeland.
- We, the victim’s family, along with all levels of society in the Puncak Regency, reject Special Autonomy Volume II from Puncak Regency, West Papua Province 100% (completely).
Because the (so-called) autonomy of high-ranking officials must be satisfied, many people become victims and are considered animals or trash…. with that we people agree that Special Autonomy must be rejected, 100%.
Ilaga 21 December 2020
It is signed by the representatives of the dead victim’s family.
- Nius Tabuni on behalf of victim Atonius Murib
- Yunius Alom on behalf of Alom Arkis Victim
- Pombunggen Kogoya, the victim on behalf of Les Mosip
- Marius Wenda, the victim on behalf of Wenis Wenda