In my opinion, as we approach the end of the second term of he current presidency in 2014, it is very important for SBY to resolve the issue of Papua by involving all elements and components of the Papuan people.
As a defender of human rights in the Land of Papua, it is clear to me that as a consequence of resolving the issue of Papua, SBY would win acknowledgement as a world leader deserving widespread respect for having resolved the issue of Papua, which will resonate also on his whole administration as well as the various political parties which support him.
The image of his administration which is currently is rather lopsided could be changed completely if he shows that he has a clear vision regarding the issue of Papua by using his authority to enter into dialogue with Papua before the end of 2013.
Moreover, it could have a positive impact in several of the major countries across the world and strengthen Indonesia’s position as a democratic country which is respected by all the countries that are currently in close alliance with Indonesia..
[Translated by TAPOL]
- Statement by LP3BH on the Need for Dialogue between Papua and Indonesia (westpapuamedia.info)
- Leading Indonesian NGO Condemns the continued use of Treason Charges against Papuans (westpapuamedia.info)
- MRP Recommendation on Jakarta-Papua Dialogue must be followed up (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papua Ablaze! The Need for a Touch of Hearts (westpapuamedia.info)
- Sorong Police arrest Papuan customary leaders at Freedom Flotilla ceremony (westpapuamedia.info)
- War of Nerves between Papuan Governor and Papuan Political Prisoners (westpapuamedia.info)
- WBEZ Chicago: Freedom Flotilla urges independence for West Papua (freedomflotillawestpapua.org)
- Bobii: The Challenge of the MSG Delegation Visit to Jakarta and Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papua Bid for MSG Membership: Does PNG Play Double Standard? (pacific.scoop.co.nz)