A local man, Eli Petege said that all the inhabitants of four kampungs have fled their homes after being traumatised by the incident which led to the death of two inhabitants of Dogiyai.
‘Three kampungs evacuated but have now returned home, but they are still in a state of shock.’ He said that the four kampungs that had been affected by the incident were Ikebo, Kimupugi, Muniyopa and Ekemani.
During the tragedy in Moanemani which happened because a group of people were gambling, there were four casualties. The two men who died were Dominikus Auwa, 24 years, and Aloysius Waine, 24, while three others were seriously injured, Otniel Yobee, 26, Agus Pigai, 24, and Wilibrodus Iyai.
The material losses included three pigs, the destruction of six homes along with the furniture and two motorbikes.
- The Indonesian State is responsible for the shooting of three civilians in Dogiyai (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two people shot dead in Dogiyai but no action has been taken to solve the case (westpapuamedia.info)
- Moanemani incident under investigation, say police (westpapuamedia.info)
- Students call on police chief to explain action regarding the shooting in Moanemani 3 months ago (westpapuamedia.info)
- Front Pepera: “Military and Police called upon to immediately restore sense of security to the people of Kamuu Valley” (westpapuamedia.info)