Papuan independence demo in London
Jayapura: Three British Members of Parliament were present at a meeting which was held in one of the committee rooms in the House of Commons for two hours on 23 October at which information was given about the situation in West Papua.
The three parliamentarians were Andrew Smith, MP, member for Oxford, Lord Harris a member of the House of Lords and Dan Rogerson MP, member for Cornwall.
While the meeting was in progress, a group of a dozen or more supporters of the OPM, the Papuan Freedom Organisation, held a demonstration outside, led by Benny Wenda, leader of the West Papuan.organisation overseas, who also addressed the demo. One of the demands made by the speaker was for the United Nations to send an observer mission to West Papua.
[The report is accompanied by a photo of the demonstration, which also shows the Morning Star flag.]
- Indonesia cannot kill our spirit for freedom: West Papuan leader (westpapuamedia.info)
- Breaking News: Security Forces Attack Knpb Demo in Jayapura (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indonesian special forces hunt West Papuan environmentalist (westpapuamedia.info)
- Densus 88 sweeps force hundreds to flee from Baliem Valley villages (westpapuamedia.info)
- A Papuan who writes prolifically to promote the identity of his people (westpapuamedia.info)
- Papuan Voices: The Papuan Serving of Culture, Video and Change (westpapuamedia.info)
- End the violence against Papuan journalists: Oktovianus Pogau (westpapuamedia.info)
- 7.30 Report (ABC): West Papua arrests highlight Australian Detachment 88 links (westpapuamedia.info)
This entry was posted on October 26, 2012 by westpapuamedia. It was filed under News alert, syndication and was tagged with benny wenda, ILWP. IPWP, indonesia, International Parliamentarians for West Papua, international solidarity, Jayapura, knpb, Papua, Papuan people, united nations, west papua.