Forkorus’ eye problems not properly dealt with
‘Forkorus complained about his eye problems when we paid him a visit last week,’ said Olga Hamadi, and added that he was not getting proper treatment for the problem. ‘I was taken to the polyclinic but the treatment I had there was not satisfactory,’ Forkorus told his lawyer.
The Dewan Adat Papua – Papuan Customary Council of which Forkorus is the chairperson said that they too have reported the problem to the authorities at the Abepura Prison where Forkorus is being held. Forkorus has also sent a letter about the problem to the High Court in Jayapura.’ His lawyer said that Forkorus had asked for their help to submit his letter to the High Court.
According to Olga Hamadi, the eye problem is not too severe and Forkorus is otherwise in good health.
- Sentences of Forkorus and colleagues lengthened by sixty days (westpapuamedia.info)
- Two Papuan tapols with paralysis are waiting for permission to get treatment (westpapuamedia.info)
- Forkorus: international community must acknowledge the political rights of the people of West Papua (westpapuamedia.info)
- Forkorus: Independent Papua will come in a matter of days (westpapuamedia.info)
- Makar accused reject charges, and Indonesian jurisdiction over Papua in adjourned trial (Photo Report) (westpapuamedia.info)
This entry was posted on April 20, 2012 by westpapuamedia. It was filed under News alert, syndication and was tagged with Forkorus, Forkorus Yaboisembut, human rights, indonesia, International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Jayapura, Lawyer, Makar, Olga Hamadi, Papua, Papuan people, political, Prosecutor, Rebellion/Subversion charges, security approach to political freedom, Selpius Bobii, tapols, Third Papuan People's Congress, treason, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, west papua.