Breaking News: Indonesian troops reportedly raze Paniai villages and attack by helicopter
December 13, 20011.
Urgent text messages have been received reporting an attack on Markas Eduda by Brimob and the TNI. According to people in Paniai and those close to sources near Markas Eduda, the base of TPN commander Jhon Yogi, by 13:30 the base had been surrounded by troops. At 14:05 a Paniai based contact reported that the TNI and Brimob had entered Eduda and surrounding hamlets and proceeded to torch homes.
Ground and air attacks (by helicopter) were both reported.
Please stay tuned. West Papua Media is closely monitoring the situation. Any journalists not already on our list who wish to report on this, please contact West Papua Media via +61450079106
- Entire Paniai villages forcibly evacuated by Brimob Gegana (westpapuamedia.info)
- Breaking News: REPORTS OF MAJOR TNI OFFENSIVES IN PUNCAK JAYA AND PANIAI (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indon Army preparing to attack OPM in Paniai. (westpapuamedia.info)
- Paniai people call for a halt to the deployment of more troops (westpapuamedia.info)
- Call for Brimob persnnel to be withdrawn from Paniai (westpapuamedia.info)