from International Lawyers for West Papua
Next Tuesday 2nd August, international lawyers, politicians, tribal leaders, a UN committee member & a witness to the 1969 Act of Free Choice will gather for the Road To Freedom conference in Oxford, UK.
Chaired by British MP Andrew Smith, the conference will present the strongest case to date that the people of West Papua have the right to self-determination under international law.
People across West Papua will be following the conference and will use its outcomes to further their campaign for freedom.
List of speakers include:
- Andrew Smith – British politician
- Jennifer Robinson – International human rights lawyer
- Powes Parkop – Governor of Port Moresby and the National Capital District, PNG
- Benny Wenda – West Papua independence leader, UK
- Frances Raday – Expert Member of the UN Committee for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women
- John Saltford - Expert on the 1969 Act of Free Choice
- Clement Ronawery – Witness to the 1969 Act of Free Choice
- Ralph Regenvanu – Vanuatu Justice Minister
- Charles Foster – co-founder of the International Lawyers for West Papua
As a sign of support for the conference and in solidarity with the Papuan peoples struggle for freedom, the Mayor of Oxford has agreed to fly the Morning Star flag above Oxford Town Hall on the day of the conference.
The conference is taking place at Oxford University’s East School of the Examination Schools, 75-81 High Street, Oxford, OX1 4BG. It will commence at 2pm
Those wishing to attend are required to register by emailing email@example.com
- Conference: West Papua – The Road to Freedom (anaksisahbom.wordpress.com)
- Sorry: Indon Army Backs Down Over Threats (westpapuamedia.info)
- AFP: Languages of Papua Vanish Without a Whisper (westpapuamedia.info)
- Photo News: Thousands of people of West Papua Rally to Demand Referendum (westpapuamedia.info)
- Indonesian Army: Gunmen Kill Indonesia Soldier in Papua (westpapuamedia.info)